Playground Safety in Phoenix, Arizona
Most of us remember our playground days. The excitement, the freedom, and the carefree feeling that comes with being a kid. But as we grow up, so do our worries. What about safety? Is it really safe for my kids to play on the equipment at school or in public parks? It may seem like something you don’t need to worry about- but consider these stats: In Arizona alone, there were 1,290 accidents on playgrounds from 2007-2015 according to AZ Central. That’s an average of over 360 injuries per year! With such high numbers it is important we always be vigilant when our children are near any piece of playground equipment.
Maintaining playground safety in Phoenix, Arizona
- Make sure the playground has a playground coordinator to help create an exciting and safe environment for kids
- Check that all playgrounds are ADA accessible so parents with disabilities can also enjoy their time on the playground with their children
- Be mindful of any weather alerts or potential accidents such as broken glass or blades before you let your kid play nearby
The importance of playground safety measures: Safety is important at every stage of life but it’s especially crucial when our little ones are very young. To ensure
Why Is Playground Safety Important?
Playgrounds in Phoenix are inspected on an annual basis, and playgrounds that have been identified as unsafe – such as those with damaged or missing equipment- will be closed. All playgrounds provide a shaded area for the summer months to offer some relief from the heat of Arizona’s weather. The Department also provides safety education programs to schools,
- Playground safety keeps kids safe. You’re on the right track to protect your littles if you play it safe with them.
- Protecting children is important because they are vulnerable and their brains are still developing, so any injury or harm can dramatically impact their lives long-term.
- Always keep in mind that injuries to children cost $8 billion a year, not including indirect costs such as lost future wages and taxes paid by taxpayers supporting injured victims who cannot work full time in adulthood yet pay taxes at the same rate for which they would have worked if he/she were healthy.
- So many accidents happen each day that can be prevented simply through awareness of what might happen and taking precautionary measures before something bad happens! Keep everyone protected by playing it safe in your backyard too!
Are age appropriate equipment needed in playground safety?
Another safety measure in Phoenix, Arizona is the requirement for at least one safety surface per playground. This safety surface can be a rubber mat or natural vegetation like grass. Natural surfaces are plant-based and have built-in safety features such as cushioning to avoid injury from falls of heights, support for joints during movement, and protection against smoke exposure if there’s an emergency fire nearby. These factors may not seem important to young children but they could make all the difference later on in life by preventing permanent disability due to injuries sustained when playing as a child.
- Consider age appropriate equipment in playground safety to prevent falls
- Age appropriate equipment can better serve your child’s developmental needs
- Keep children safe by providing safety gear that is meant for their age
- Playgrounds with age appropriate equipment provide your child safety gear that better serves their developmental needs and prevents potential injuries or deaths on the playground altogether!
By Azwatchdog – Own work, CC BY 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5816262
Teach children playground safety
- Helps kids stay safe while playing on the playground
- Keeps you worry-free by teaching kids everything they need to know about safety
- Safe and fun way for children to learn rules of being “safe”
- Saves time, money, and frustration that comes with unsafe play
- Playground safety is important because injuries sustained while playing as a child can lead to lifelong problems.
- The safety measures in place for playgrounds in Phoenix, Arizona are designed to prevent falls and serious accidents from happening.
- There’s nothing more frustrating than watching your little one get hurt playing outside due to lack of knowledge of how simple precautions should be taken before
When you’re looking for a place to play with your kids, the playground can be an exciting and safe option. But it’s important to make sure that any playground is ADA accessible so parents with disabilities can also enjoy their time on the playground with their children. You should also be mindful of any potential accidents such as broken glass or blades before letting your kid play nearby. Lastly, don’t forget about safety! Playground safety keeps kids safe – we hope these tips will help keep yours from getting hurt while they’re having fun in the sun.
Phoenix, Arizona is blessed to be the home of so many amazing parks. Here’s a short list of our favorites:
- Encanto Park
- Granada Park
- Papago Park
- Moon Valley Park
- Margaret T. Hance Park
- North Mountain Park
- Altadena Park
- Kachina Park
- Arcadia Park
All of these wonderful parks are located just a short distance from our location located at 7319 North 16th Street in Phoenix, Arizona! Stop by for a visit anytime!