Margaret T. Hance Park is a great place to have fun and be active with your kids! It’s located in the heart of downtown Phoenix, Arizona on Central Avenue and Roosevelt Street. With plenty of open grassy areas for picnics or Frisbee games, shaded spots under trees, and an interactive water feature that features a splash pad, it’s perfect for all ages!
Come enjoy this fantastic park today!
Why is the Hance Park Revitalization Project?
The Hance Park Revitalization Project is a multi-million dollar initiative to revitalize Margaret T. Hance Park and the surrounding area in Downtown Phoenix, AZ. The project includes two phases:
Phase One of the Hance Park Revitalization include renovating bathrooms at Margaret T. Hance Park with new amenities that are ADA compliant, installing accessible pathways throughout the park including sidewalks and ramps for wheelchairs and strollers, improving lighting around Margaret T. Hance Park as well as Roosevelt Street from Central Avenue to First Ave., planting more trees along Center Drive (the north west boundary of the park), adding new wash stations for dogs on either side of Roosevelt Street near 13th St., providing benches or picnic tables in areas where visitors can rest.
Phase Two of the Hance Park Revitalization Project includes renovating Margaret T. Hance Community Garden, installing new irrigation systems, landscaping at Margaret T. Hance Community Garden with greenery appropriate for Phoenix’s desert climate, adding more lights throughout both phases of renovations including within any newly constructed buildings or pathways that are created during phase two of construction.
This initiative has enabled the park to offer the following to park goers:
- Improved experience for park goers
- Renovated bathrooms with better amenities and accessibility features
- Dog wash stations provides convenience
- Helped keep Hance Park clean!
- Benefit from state of the art amenities for those with disabilities that can’t fully enjoy all aspects of a public space otherwise
- Turned Hance Park into a nicer, more usable space
- Renewed greenery will make the area feel cooler and provide shading in hot summer days
- Provided more lights throughout the park will increase nighttime security and safety
- Revitalizing Margaret T. Hance Community Garden with new landscaping will make it easier to maintain
Are playgrounds safe for children at Margaret T. Hance Park in Phoenix?
Margaret T. Hance Park is a safe place to play for children of all ages, and especially toddlers! Play features such as swings and slides are designed specifically with younger kids in mind. The parks staff also monitors the park regularly during open hours, so no need to worry that your child might get injured while playing on playground equipment or exploring Margaret T. Hance Community Garden
Having safety measures in places encourages visitors of the park to:
- Come play at the park
- Get out of the house and enjoy a day with your kids
- Make lasting memories together
- Margaret T. Hance Park has plenty to offer for children who love to play
Hance Park is a great place to spend time with family, friends and pets. The park has undergone many changes that make it more enjoyable for everyone in the community. These improvements will help keep this space clean, safe and welcoming! What do you love about Margaret T. Hance Park?
By Azwatchdog – Own work, CC BY 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5816262
Phoenix, Arizona is blessed to be the home of so many amazing parks. Here’s a short list of our favorites:
- Encanto Park
- Granada Park
- Papago Park
- Moon Valley Park
- North Mountain Park
- Altadena Park
- Kachina Park
- El Oso Park
All of these wonderful parks are located just a short distance from our location located at 7319 North 16th Street in Phoenix, Arizona! Stop by for a visit anytime!