OdySea Aquarium in Scottsdale, Arizona is a state-of-the-art aquarium that boasts exhibits including Rivers of the World and Otter Banks. There are also touch pools where guests can interact with sea life, an underwater experience (Sea Trek), 3D movie featuring Underwater Giants, large king crabs on display as well as seahorses at Penguin Point. The Odysea Cafe serves food items for both adults and kids while Lighthouse Treasures Gift Shop offers unique souvenirs to take home from your trip.
- Explore a variety of exhibits and attractions
- Touch pools, Sea Trek, interactive exhibits
- Get up close with your favorite sea life
- Visit the largest aquarium in the United States
- Experience hands-on activities with sea life
- Be close to animals you can’t pet at home
- Gives you an unforgettable experience
Unique Experiences at Odysea Aquarium
The Odysea Aquarium offers experiences that require a fee, like the Behind The Scenes Tour. You can experience how an aquarium of this size operates to benefit both sea creatures and human patrons on these tours limited to small groups.
Behind The Scenes Tour
On the Behind the Scenes tour at Odysea Aquarium is a 90-minute experience where guests will learn about how this aquarium operates. It’s limited in size for safety, as well as to enhance personal interaction with the guide. The areas you visit may change because of what the department is doing on that day so tours vary depending on content. You’ll see all two floors of this amazing place!
- Come face-to-face with a sloth and parrot
- Learn about the animals in person
- Entertaining for all ages
- Shows how well they take care of sick animals
- Allows visitors to ask questions
- Unique one-of-a-kind experience
- Get up close and personal with the penguins
- See behind the scenes of your favorite exhibits
- Experience everything without lines or crowds
View this post on Instagram
The SeaTREK experience takes place in an underwater tank, where you wear a special helmet and wetsuit. You’ll be surrounded by beautiful fish for about 30 minutes while walking on the trail of the tank. Participants must at least be nine years old with swimwear to take part in this one-hour event!
- One-of-a-kind experience
- Fish freely swim around you
- No other aquarium in the world has this kind of experience on offer
- Fun for people of all ages
Playtime with Cute Penguins
While visiting OdySea Aquarium, play with the African black-footed penguins. They love to be entertained and it is entertaining for you too! Participate in a variety of activities like feeding them fish or learning about their habitats. You can even see how they interact together as well because these creatures are not typically found living here where we live!
- Get to know these unique creatures and have a great time
- Feed the penguins
- Learn about African black-footed penguin habitat
- Support conservation efforts by interacting with them
- Play with penguins
View this post on Instagram
By Azwatchdog – Own work, CC BY 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5816262
Things You Need to Know Before Going to Odysea Aquarium
One of the best ways to introduce visitors and residents to an undersea world is with OdySea Aquarium. Visitors can see amazing sea creatures that live in a large aquarium, all without having traveled anywhere near the ocean.
- A great place to spend time with your family, friends, or even alone! Visitors typically stay for two and half hours but can extend their visit by eating at the cafe or shopping in the gift shop.
- The OdySea aquarium has wifi available for its visitors!
- Visitors are allowed to take photos. However selfie sticks and tripods aren’t permitted for safety reasons.
- Visitors can learn about marine life in a safe, non-scary 3D theater.
- The Odysea Aquarium has Native American design elements that were incorporated into the architecture of its building.
- With a long list of amazing attractions and activities, Odysea Aquarium will have you so engaged that before you know it, your stomach might start growling. So remember to drop by the restroom on your way inside!
- With your ticket, you’re only allowed entrance on the day of purchase. No re-entry is permitted once you leave so make sure it’s worth going!
- If you purchase tickets, you may change your time or date as long as it is within 24 hours of your original reservation.
- To make the most of their visit, guests must bring a double stroller that is tandem (front-to-back). For those with side-by-side double strollers or jogging/wagon strollers they are allowed to borrow one from the Concierge Desk in Aqua Lobby.
- Tickets are timed but there is no limit to how long you can stay except for the hours of operation.
If you’re looking for a way to have fun with the whole family, consider taking one of our Behind The Scenes Tours! On these tours limited to small groups, we offer experiences that require a fee. You can see how an aquarium like ours operates and learn about some of the special projects Odysea is working on in order to benefit both sea creatures and human patrons. With so many different types of animals living here at Odysea Aquarium, there are always new things happening around every corner. Book your tour today!
- Phoenix Art Museum
- Heard Museum
- Musical Instrument Museum
- Arizona Science Center
- ASU Art Museum
- Children’s Museum of Phoenix
- Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West
- OdySea Aquarium
- Hall of Flame Fire Museum
All of these wonderful museums are located just a short distance from our offices located at 7319 North 16th Street in Phoenix, Arizona! Stop by for a visit anytime!