Santa Maria Middle School, located in Phoenix, Arizona, is buzzing with excitement and possibilities for active sixth through eighth graders. Their exceptional experienced teachers and staff, as well as their active parent community, beautifully support the variety of programs they offer. Whether your child enjoys sports, music, academics, community service, or all of the above, involvement at SMMS will help him or her succeed in high school and beyond.
Santa Maria Middle School’s mission, in collaboration with parents and the community, is to promote a safe and positive learning environment that is committed to high expectations for academic performance and personal integrity. They are committed to the task of preparing young adults for high school graduation, and they are proud to work with students who become lifelong learners and productive members of society.
Santa Maria Middle School’s vision is to:
- promote a positive, safe, and nurturing environment for students, staff, and the community that encourages learning, mutual respect, and cooperation in order for all students to grow academically;
- demonstrate high expectations for student performance among staff and students, resulting in high student achievement
- prepare all students for the challenges of high school graduation and beyond by providing curriculum and instruction that is aligned with Arizona’s College and Career Ready Standards through multiple pathways to learning; and
- promote parents and community as active participants in the education and decision-making process at Santa Maria Middle School to create a collaborative environment that supports academic achievement.
Santa Maria believes that every child has the right to shine, and they offer quality programs in a safe, caring environment to encourage each student’s optimal growth and academic achievement. You will find detailed information about the excellent programs they provide on these pages.
- Girls JV & Varsity Volleyball
- Cross Country
- Boys Soccer
- Girls Soccer
- Boys JV & Varsity Basketball
- Girls JV & Varsity Basketball
- Flag Football
- Girls Softball
- Boys Baseball
- Track & Field
Clubs and Activities
Extracurricular programs and activities are a great way to immerse yourself in the middle school experience. Join in and become a part of the Bulldog machine—you have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
Being a member of the SMMS Honor Society entails more than just being on the honor roll at school. Students in this club work hard to be the best they can be in all aspects of their lives. They are always looking for ways to help their community and are honest in all their dealings. The Honor Society meets after school on a regular basis.
- Jazz & Mariachi Band
- Ukulele Band
- Music Festivals & Concerts
- WorldStrides Heritage
The Phoenix Police Department sponsors Wake-Up, a community service program. This club meets once a week from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. after school. as well as one Saturday per month Students enjoy activities such as visiting assisted living facilities, St. Mary’s Food Bank, and other community organizations, as well as cleaning up graffiti throughout our community. Students take part in mini-classes on topics such as helping others, anti-gang participation, and other community-related topics.
STEM Club (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
During the year STEM Club members are engaged in science based learning experiences which include but are not limited to coding, online games, robotics, engineering design, challenges, and scientific experimentation. STEM Club meets weekly and we give preference to students who attend on a regular basis
Special Education & Gifted Education
Every day, middle school students learn fundamental academic and social skills that will help them succeed in the future. Santa Maria’s goal is to help all students reach their full potential.
Their special education program collaborates with families to develop Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) to meet their children’s special needs. This plan includes related services in and out of school that are provided at no cost to the families in order to supplement the students’ personal instruction and ensure that they get the most out of their education.
Mesa, Arizona is blessed to be the home of many of the state’s best middle schools. Here’s a shortlist you should check out:
- Santa Maria Middle School
- Cooley Middle School
- Self Development Charter School
- ASU Preparatory Academy- Polytechnic Middle School
- Heritage Academy Laveen
- Mesa Arts Academy
- Imagine Schools East Mesa Elementary and Middle School
- BASIS Mesa
- Mesa Distance Learning Program
All of these wonderful landmarks are located just a short distance from our location at 1630 South Stapley Drive, Suite 212 in Mesa, Arizona! Stop by for a visit anytime!
Family Law Attorney in Phoenix & Mesa
Founded in 1985, GillespieShields is the top family law firm in Phoenix & Mesa. We’re ready to put our years of experience to work to resolve your legal issue.