Estate planning is a necessary and important step for any family to take before they become wealthy or poor. You may think that you don’t have enough money, but the truth of the matter is if your assets are tied up in property then it’ll be hard on all members when one person dies intestate (without making provision). It doesn’t just affect those with low wealth either – anyone could die without leaving behind loved ones who need funds from an estate administration process afterwards!
You should have an estate plan if you’re unsure about what exactly it is, or worried that your misconceptions might be holding back a possible future. If this sounds like something important to both of us then keep reading!
7 Common Myths About Estate Planning in Arizona
1. Estate planning is only for the wealthy – Estate planning is not just for the wealthy. Everyone can benefit from having a plan in place for what will happen to their assets and loved ones when they pass away.
2. Estate planning is only for old people – Estate planning is not just for old people. It is never too early to start thinking about what will happen to your assets and loved ones when you are no longer able to take care of them.
3. My family will take care of everything – While your family may be willing and able to take care of your affairs, it is always best to have a plan in place in case something happens to them as well.
4. I don’t need an estate plan because I don’t have anything – Even if you do not have a lot of assets, it is still important to have an estate plan in place. This will ensure that your loved ones are taken care of the way you want them to be.
5. Estate planning is too complicated – While estate planning can be complex, it does not have to be. There are many simple estate planning strategies that can be used to protect your assets and loved ones.
6. I don’t need an estate plan because I have a will – While a will is an important part of an estate plan, it is not the only thing you need. A will does not cover everything and can be contested.
7. I don’t need an estate plan because I trust my family – While you may trust your family, there are always situations that can arise that would make it difficult for them to make decisions on your behalf. Having an estate plan in place will ensure that your wishes are carried out no matter what.
Estate Planning is an important step to ensure your family’s future. You can’t plan for something that you don’t know about, and if the worst should happen there will be no one in place who knows how best to protect their assets or loved ones from potential harm.
There are many benefits of estate planning including protecting property interests (i.e., homes), debts owed by individuals as well any personal papers which could include medical records; writing a Will so it becomes clear who inherits what when death occurs without having too much uncertainty around these things beforehand- all while providing peace of mind knowing everything has been planned out ahead!
Are You Looking for an Estate Planning Law Firm You Can Trust?
Probate law is a complex area of the legal profession that can be difficult to understand. At GillespieShields, our probate & estate planning attorneys have extensive experience in estate planning and will work with you towards an amicable resolution. 27 years of experience in estate planning and probate law means that our attorneys have helped many families navigate the legal system without any problems. We work with clients to find solutions for their reasonable goals, paying close attention along the way so they can feel confident about what’s happening legally throughout all stages of the process! Estate planning can seem like an overwhelming task, but it doesn’t have to be. With just a little time and effort you will find yourself prepared for anything that may come up! The best part about working together? All of our estate plans are customized with love by our talented team of lawyers! During our private, one-on-one consultation, we’ll take the necessary time to answer any and all of your questions surrounding Arizona’s estate laws, your family’s unique situation, and how you can preserve your wealth for the next generation. Contact us today for your consultation!
The materials available on this website are for informational and entertainment purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. You should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in this site without seeking legal or other professional advice. The information presented on this website may not reflect the most current legal developments. No action should be taken in reliance on the information contained on this website and we disclaim all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this site to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Family Law Attorney in Phoenix & Mesa
Founded in 1985, GillespieShields is the top family law firm in Phoenix & Mesa. We’re ready to put our years of experience to work to resolve your legal issue.