North Mountain Park in Phoenix, Arizona is a great place to mountain bike. It’s relatively flat with some challenging hills and trails that are perfect for beginners. There is also an easy walking trail that’s perfect for families who want to spend time outdoors together without the fear of getting too tired or exhausted quickly. The park has plenty of parking so you don’t have to worry about finding a spot when you arrive, which can be difficult on weekends during the spring and summer months. This blog post will provide information on how much it costs, what equipment you’ll need, and where you should go if this is your first time at North Mountain Park!
If riding bikes in nature sounds like something fun then North Mountain Park might just be the place where you can find the perfect trails to ride your bike.
Is biking common at North Mountain Park in Phoenix?
The North Mountain Park in Phoenix is a great place for biking. Whether you’re an avid biker or it’s your first time trying out this sport, North Mountain Park will have the perfect trail that suits your needs and abilities.
Benefits of Biking at North Mountain Park:
- It is open all year long
- It is for anyone of any age
- Biking in Phoenix is great for the whole family, no matter what your skill level.
- There are a variety of trails available depending on ability and type of biking you want to do
- The great scenery makes it perfect for a weekend adventure
- Trail maps are available to help keep you safe
What is it like biking at North Mountain Park?
There are some things you should know before going for a bike ride in North Mountain Park:
- There is no shame in riding your bicycle uphill! You can carry it if necessary but only do so as much as possible to save strength and energy, especially on long climbs.
- Wear sunscreen and drink plenty of water or sports drinks while cycling. The Arizona sun will beat down hard and dehydrate you quickly without protection from both sunburns and dehydration.
How much does North Mountain Park cost?
- North Mountain Park is free and open to the public but if you bring your own vehicle, parking costs $11.
- North Mountain Park has a variety of bike rentals, which include mountain, road, BMX bikes. It also provides electric assisted bicycles for those who want an easier ride up North Mountain Peak
What equipment do I need for mountain biking?
You will need endurance and physical conditioning in order to enjoy North Mountain Bike trails as well as basic safety gear such as helmet, gloves, long-sleeve shirt and pants (shorts not recommended) with sturdy shoes that protect you from rocks while riding. You’ll also have access to North Mountain’s bike rentals, which include mountain, road and BMX bikes.
It is important to know what you’ll need to spare you from trouble on your trip.
- Potentially save a lot of money by renting instead of buying expensive equipment
- The trails are beautiful and you can explore nature
- Ride for your own physical challenge, or just enjoy the scenery
- Keep safety gear on hand in case anything should happen
What are North Mountain Park hours?
North Mountain Park is open from sunrise to sunset year-round. North Mountain Peak has a variety of accessible trails for hiking and biking on weekends during the months of October through April with ranger assisted guided tours at North Mountain every Friday in November as well as once per month from May through September 12th.
By Azwatchdog – Own work, CC BY 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5816262
How large is North Mountain Park?
Surrounded by more than 30 miles worth of asphalt paths for walking, running or cycling your way around this diverse recreational area spans over 432 acres with 333 acres designated just for recreation purposes! In addition there are 17 miles worth of natural surface trail that can be explored using dirt bikes.
What are the Different North Mountain Park Bike Trails?
There are over 30 miles of North Mountain bike trails but most visitors stick to the easier and more popular mountain biking terrain that is found in the North Mountain Nature Center.
For those who want a little bit more challenge, there is plenty on offer as well. The North Peak Trail offers about 15 miles of challenging mountain biking with views on the North Mountain Park.
Biking at North Mountain Park can offer you all the benefits of biking in Phoenix, and more. Whether it’s a family outing or an adventure for a solo rider, this park is perfect for any type of bike rider. The scenery is breathtaking as well!
Phoenix, Arizona is blessed to be the home of so many amazing parks. Here’s a short list of our favorites:
- Encanto Park
- Granada Park
- Papago Park
- Moon Valley Park
- Margaret T. Hance Park
- Altadena Park
- Kachina Park
- El Oso Park
All of these wonderful parks are located just a short distance from our location located at 7319 North 16th Street in Phoenix, Arizona! Stop by for a visit anytime!