Great Hearts is a countrywide network of tuition-free public schools that operate both in person and online. A Great Hearts education educates students to become great-hearted leaders capable of success throughout their further education and professional vocations, rather than merely adept test takers. Great Hearts cultivates students’ hearts and minds in the quest of Truth, Goodness, and Beauty via a curriculum based on a classical liberal arts heritage and a novel approach to schooling.
Great Hearts is a rapidly expanding network of public charter schools with locations in Phoenix, San Antonio, and Irving, Texas. Their main purpose is to produce thinking, moral leaders who will help to make the world a more philosophical, compassionate, and just place.
The Great Hearts school concept includes the following features:
- For all students, a core liberal arts curriculum with a standard and rigorous set of courses.
- An ethos at the academy that aims to develop friendship via a shared appreciation of the truth, good, and beautiful.
- Small class sizes ensure that personalized attention, both academic and personal, is available.
- A faculty with a wide range of experience and qualifications.
- Teachers will be mentored and collaborated with by visible leadership.
- A supportive parent community that is encouraged to engage in the academic and ethical goals of the school.
They think that the universe is orderly and knowable, and that the human brain, despite its flaws, can learn about reality via reason, hard effort, and a well-organized study program.
They believe in the existence of truth and think that it must be sought ceaselessly via diligent study and good-willed dialogue. Individuals and societies are susceptible to historical and personal conditioning and circumstances, but truth is not.
They take Socrates’ argument that “the unexamined life is not worth living” seriously, and think that education should be based on collaborative research and open dialogue. While fresh advancements in science, discoveries about their cosmos, and the unfolding of history are all part of their curriculum, their emphasis is on the lasting, the changeless, and the permanent.
Because of the way they talk about the universal human situation and natural principles, they place a special focus on Western literary and philosophical Classics.
By Azwatchdog – Own work, CC BY 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5816262
Phoenix, Arizona is blessed to be the home of many amazing public schools. Here’s a short list of our favorites:
- BASIS Scottsdale
- BASIS Peoria
- BASIS Chandler
- BASIS Phoenix
- BASIS Ahwatukee
- Arizona College Prep Erie Campus
- Tempe Preparatory Academy
- BASIS Chandler Primary – North Campus
All of these wonderful public schools are located just a short distance from our location located at 7319 North 16th Street in Phoenix, Arizona! Stop by for a visit anytime!