Their new campus has a full-sized gym where they can conduct basketball and volleyball games while still having an auditorium for assemblies and plays. Their new AP Science laboratories are state-of-the-art, allowing students to engage in hands-on learning; they even have a senior lounge for senior students to enjoy!
The Firebirds from their school are up to the task! BASIS Phoenix was named #1 in the Washington Post’s national rating of America’s most demanding high schools in 2017, and #14 top high schools in the country in 2018.
BASIS Phoenix has been a proud participant in the BASIS Diploma Senior Projects since 2015, and they are always excited to see what their seniors have in store for them.
Their staff and students strive for excellence at all times and seek to be the greatest school in the world.
When compared to other Arizona schools, this one has an above-average school quality rating. Students here make above-average academic progress year over year, have above-average college preparation metrics, this school serves disadvantaged pupils better than the national average, and students perform above-average on state examinations.
BASIS Phoenix’s School Highlights
- BASIS Phoenix students scored an average of 85 percent on AP Examinations, with many exams receiving 100% success rates.
- BASIS Phoenix pupils outperform Shanghai-China pupils in “Math, Reading, and Science” on the OECD Test for Schools (based on PISA).
- BASIS Phoenix grads were accepted to every institution or institution they applied to.
- The overall number of minorities enrolled is 56 percent.
- In the National Rankings, BASIS Phoenix is placed #52.
- Their graduation rate is 100%
- When compared to students at other schools in the state, kids at this school make higher academic advancement from one grade to the next.
- This school’s disadvantaged students outperform the rest of the state, closing the achievement gap.
- State exam results show that 92 percent of kids are proficient in arithmetic and 90 percent are proficient in reading.
- Students believe that they feel secure at their school 100 percent of the time.
By Azwatchdog – Own work, CC BY 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5816262
Phoenix, Arizona is blessed to be the home of many amazing public schools. Here’s a short list of our favorites:
- BASIS Scottsdale
- BASIS Peoria
- BASIS Chandler
- BASIS Ahwatukee
- Arizona College Prep Erie Campus
- Tempe Preparatory Academy
- Great Hearts Academies – Scottsdale Prep
- BASIS Chandler Primary – North Campus
All of these wonderful public schools are located just a short distance from our location located at 7319 North 16th Street in Phoenix, Arizona! Stop by for a visit anytime!