BASIS Chandler first opened its doors in 2011, and in 2016 moved to its current site. Their student population is made up of a diverse mix of talented kids in grades 5–12 from all over the Valley who share a spirit of dedication and accomplishment thanks to their high-performing academic community and globally renowned curriculum.
BASIS Chandler’s School Highlights
- U.S. News & World Report and The Washington Post consistently award BASIS Chandler critical acclaim.
- For the last four years, the school has graduated a Flinn Scholar every year.
- Their seniors had an AP test pass percentage of 84.4 percent.
- At the Arizona Science and Engineering Fair, BASIS Chandler was voted the Top Senior Division School, with students invited to compete at the International level.
- In the Division III National Online Academic Decathlon Tournament, their Bobcat Academic Decathlon Team took first place.
- The State Brain Bee Championship, AIA State Championship in varsity chess, and CAA State Championship in the Boy’s varsity swimming were all won by BASIS Chandler.
- In the National Rankings, BASIS Chandler is rated #8.
- Seventy-five percent of pupils say they feel secure at school.
- Students at this school are competitive, according to 95% of students and parents.
- Students and parents agree that the teachers deliver interesting lessons in 75% of cases.
- 90% of kids and parents believe their instructors sincerely care about their children.
- 15% of students and parents say that this school’s pupils are athletic.
BASIS Chandler provides a variety of extracurricular activities that allow students to broaden their horizons, socialize, and pursue interests outside of the classroom. To enroll in or engage in extracurricular activities, students must first maintain a satisfactory academic standing and demonstrate excellent behavior.
In Arizona, BASIS Chandler is ranked top. BASIS Chandler has a 100% participation rate in AP®. A total of 86 percent of minorities are enrolled. BASIS Chandler is BASIS Charter Schools Inc.’s lone high school.
When compared to other Arizona schools, this one has an above-average school quality rating. Students make above-average academic progress year over year, exhibit above-average college preparation metrics, and perform above-average on state assessments.
By Azwatchdog – Own work, CC BY 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5816262
Phoenix, Arizona is blessed to be the home of many amazing public schools. Here’s a short list of our favorites:
- BASIS Peoria
- BASIS Chandler
- BASIS Phoenix
- BASIS Ahwatukee
- Arizona College Prep Erie Campus
- Tempe Preparatory Academy
- Great Hearts Academies – Scottsdale Prep
- BASIS Chandler Primary – North Campus
All of these wonderful public schools are located just a short distance from our location located at 7319 North 16th Street in Phoenix, Arizona! Stop by for a visit anytime!