BASIS Ahwatukee is a tuition-free, open enrollment charter school in Ahwatukee that educates students in grades 4 through 12. Since its inception in 2013, the Ahwatukee campus has had a long list of accomplishments, including millions of dollars in merit-based scholarships, a vibrant performing arts program, and one of the largest Speech and Debate teams in the BASIS Charter School network.
BASIS Ahwatukee’s School Highlights
- Their Vex Robotics team from high school competed for the state tournament and earned the VEX Energy Award at regionals.
- Students from their History Bee have previously proceeded to the national competition.
- Students from BASIS Ahwatukee have received the title of Best of Phoenix Chess Champion, a spot as the lead clarinetist at the Arizona All-State Band Festival, and have been selected for the All-State Orchestra.
- They also have pupils who have competed in the National Geography Bee at the state level.
The BASIS Curriculum for grades 5–7 is designed to help students acquire intellectual and organizational skills necessary for success in the challenging High School curriculum. Unlike the Primary (1-4) Program, which is taught in 85-minute blocks, Intermediate students swap courses and subjects every 50 minutes, which provides an exciting challenge for them.
The curriculum, which runs from grades 8 through 12, is widely regarded as one of the world’s most intellectually advanced high school programs. Top colleges throughout the globe, like Harvard and Stanford, as well as the University of Oxford, usually accept their graduates. Their graduates will have completed a world-class college-prepared course of study that includes a full year of economics in eighth grade, a multitude of AP courses, advanced electives, and in-depth college counseling, all of which prepares them to flourish in college and beyond.
Their curriculum pushes students to achieve the highest international standards while also holding them accountable for learning topic content. BASIS.ed students have the option of graduating after grade 11 due to the curriculum’s acceleration; nevertheless, the majority of students prefer to continue their studies in grade 12 in order to engage in two very significant components of the BASIS.ed program: Senior Projects and Capstone Courses.
By Azwatchdog – Own work, CC BY 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5816262
Phoenix, Arizona is blessed to be the home of many amazing public schools. Here’s a short list of our favorites:
- BASIS Scottsdale
- BASIS Peoria
- BASIS Chandler
- BASIS Phoenix
- Arizona College Prep Erie Campus
- Tempe Preparatory Academy
- Great Hearts Academies – Scottsdale Prep
- BASIS Chandler Primary – North Campus
All of these wonderful public schools are located just a short distance from our location located at 7319 North 16th Street in Phoenix, Arizona! Stop by for a visit anytime!