Arizona College Preparatory opened its doors in 2007, becoming the first secondary school-of-choice in the Chandler Unified School District, providing students with a secure and customized learning environment. Arizona College Prep is accepting applications from students in grades 9 through 12. U.S. News & World Report, the Washington Post, and the state of Arizona have routinely named Arizona College Preparatory among the finest high schools in the country.
Although Hamilton Prep had its own junior high sports teams, high school athletics were handled by Hamilton High School, with which it shared colors and a mascot.
Kids receive the individualized education that many families desire and that some students require in a smaller academic setting, which is based on academic rigor and good discipline. Students may expect attentive teaching from Highly Qualified Teachers who are experts in the subjects they teach and are certified in them. Students, instructors, parents, and community members put forth a lot of effort and enthusiasm to build the school’s foundation.
The school has two campuses, each of which has been converted from its previous usage. ACP-Oakland, a former Chandler Traditional Junior High campus, opened in the 2011-12 school year and serves grades 6–8; ACP-Erie, a former primary school, opened in July 2012 and currently covers grades 9–12. ACP-Erie is projected to have 486 students enrolled.
Arizona College Prep Erie’s School Highlights
Arizona College Prep — Erie Campus has a 94 percent AP® participation rate. A total of 52 percent of students are from a minority group, and 8% of students are economically challenged. In Chandler Unified District #80, Arizona College Prep — Erie Campus is one of seven high schools.
- In the National Rankings, it is placed #133.
- It has 821 students in grades 7-12, with a 22 to 1 student-teacher ratio.
- According to state test results, 95% of children are proficient in arithmetic and 94 percent are proficient in reading.
- 78 percent of kids say they enjoy their school and are content there.
- Students at this school are competitive, according to 93 percent of students and parents.
- Students and parents feel that instructors appropriately lead and regulate the classroom, with 82 percent agreeing.
- There are lots of clubs and organizations for students to be engaged in, according to 85 percent of students and parents.
By Azwatchdog – Own work, CC BY 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5816262
Phoenix, Arizona is blessed to be the home of many amazing public schools. Here’s a short list of our favorites:
- BASIS Scottsdale
- BASIS Peoria
- BASIS Chandler
- BASIS Phoenix
- BASIS Ahwatukee
- Tempe Preparatory Academy
- Great Hearts Academies – Scottsdale Prep
- BASIS Chandler Primary – North Campus
All of these wonderful public schools are located just a short distance from our location located at 7319 North 16th Street in Phoenix, Arizona! Stop by for a visit anytime!