The attorneys at GillespieShields practice family, employment, civil, criminal, probate, appellate, and immigration law.
Before you pick up the phone and call a family law attorney, there are some important questions to ask yourself. Consider these five questions before your first meeting with an attorney:
1. What Type Of Case Do I Have?
There are many different types of family law cases that have their own requirements and procedures. A good family attorney will know exactly what steps should be taken in order to best assist you with your case. If they don’t, it may negatively affect the outcome of your legal proceedings!
2. How Much Money Can I Spend On Legal Fees?
The cost of hiring a family law attorney can vary greatly depending on the details of your case, and what sort of fees you’re looking to pay. It is important to understand how much money you have at your disposal when considering taking legal action against another party.
In addition to your family law attorney’s hourly rate, you may also have to pay for costs such as photocopying and filing fees. It is important that you understand the cost of legal work before hiring a family lawyer so that you can set realistic expectations about what it will take to complete your case successfully.
If money is not an issue for you (and sometimes even if it is), then find an attorney who has enough resources available in order to handle all aspects of your matter without worrying about whether or not there are adequate funds available.
3. What Is My Goal In Hiring A Family Law Attorney?
It’s important to know your goals before hiring a family law attorney because you need to make sure that they are able to help accomplish those goals. If you do not have specific goals, then it will be difficult for them to tell what kind of outcome is most likely or even possible in certain cases. The attorney you choose needs to be someone who is going to help you achieve your goals and protect what matters most in the situation.
You want to find an attorney who is not only familiar with family law but also shares your goals and priorities. A good family lawyer will do everything they can to help you achieve the outcome that is best for your situation.
4. How Long Will I Need A Family Law Attorney?
How long you need a family law attorney will depend on the circumstances of your situation. If it is a normal divorce then you may not need an attorney for very long, but if there are certain issues that arise and disputes between parties happen in court, then yes having one could be beneficial to protecting yourself throughout this entire process until everything has been settled with the courts.
5. What Can a Family Law Attorney Do to Help Me?
A family law attorney can help you understand the legal issues that may be involved in your particular case. A good family law attorney will explain what is happening, and why it matters to you. You should expect honest answers about how things are likely to play out if certain steps are taken. Some of the things family law attorney does include the following:
- Ensure you receive the best possible settlement and judgment for your family case through negotiations with opposing counsel.
- Represent and advocate for your interests in court, at mediation, or other alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
- Oversee litigation procedures such as discovery (i.e., gathering information), depositions (in which attorneys question witnesses under oath), and hearings before a judge to move the process along efficiently towards a final hearing date.
- Will also likely draft responsive documents that must be filed within certain deadlines; appeals if necessary; correspondence with creditors, child support agencies, or employer insurance carriers during lengthy processes like the dissolution of marriage cases; negotiate parental responsibility agreements, parenting plans, and timesharing schedules, custody modifications when circumstances change significantly after divorce and paternity cases; and attend court hearings with you if necessary.
- Ensure that your interests are represented in a professional manner while providing the highest level of legal expertise available to family law clients who need an attorney.
If you’re getting ready to hire a family law attorney, the first thing you need to do is ask yourself some important questions. What type of case are you dealing with? How much money can you spend on legal fees? Why is your goal in hiring an attorney for this matter? How long will it take for a legal team to help solve your issue and what can they actually do on your behalf if hired? Do not hesitate to contact us today so we may answer all of these questions without delay! Our knowledgeable staff is always happy to speak with potential new clients about their options. Call now!
Are You Looking for a Family Law Attorney You Can Trust?
The attorneys at GillespieShields are well-versed in a variety of different legal fields, ranging from family law to civil suits, employment disputes, and probate cases. Although we specialize in several areas of practice, our greatest passion is family law. We believe in giving families peace of mind no matter their situation, and we fight hard to maintain that peace. Whether you’re filing for dissolution or divorce, determining custody of your children, or thinking about adopting children, our experienced attorneys are here to help you every step of the way. During our private, one-on-one consultation, we’ll take the necessary time to answer all of our questions surrounding Arizona’s family laws, your family’s unique situation, and the possible court outcomes. Contact us today for your consultation!
The materials available on this website are for informational and entertainment purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. You should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in this site without seeking legal or other professional advice. The information presented on this website may not reflect the most current legal developments. No action should be taken in reliance on the information contained on this website and we disclaim all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this site to the fullest extent permitted by law.